Putumayo World Music Blues Party CD, "Blues Party"
Ships Fast from the U.S.
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This musical celebration by legends of the blues will have you boogying up the Mississippi from New Orleans to Chicago. It’s ironic that a style of music whose very name is the definition of sorrow and suffering can make you feel so good. The blues was born out of the African-American experience, which has been shaped by a history of oppression, discrimination and poverty. It’s no wonder, then, that the blues typically addresses the struggles of daily life, one in which being left by your lover and being broke are familiar themes. The tonal structure, singing style and lyrical content of traditional blues is the quintessential outlet for expressing deep, powerful and ultimately melancholy emotions.
- 'I Feel So Good' by Lurrie Bell
- 'Dust My Broom' by Albert King
- 'Down Home Blues' by Junior Wells, James Cotton, Carey Bell & Billy Branch
- 'Would You, Baby' by Johnny "Big Moose" Walker
- 'I Have The Same Old Blues' by Magic Sam
- 'Two-Fisted Mama' by Katie Webster
- 'I Got My Mojo Working' by Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
- 'I Wanna Know' by Big Jack Johnson
- 'Albert's Groove #2' by Albert King
- 'I Don't Want Nobody' by Fernest Arceneaux & His Louisiana French Band
- 'Have A Good Time' by Big Walter Horton
- 76 grams
- 0.2 lbs
- 12.7 cm H x 14 cm W x 0.6 cm D
- 5" H x 5.5" W x 0.3" D
- Compact disc in paper board case
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in USA.
- Ships fast from USA.