Putumayo Audio CD of Jazz Music, "Jazz"
Ships Fast from the U.S.
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Putumayo’s 'Jazz' features a veritable who’s who of jazz legends performing beloved standards. The 1950s was a golden age for jazz and three-quarters of this collection was recorded during this era. Many of these recordings have been remixed and remastered, providing a level of sound quality not available until recent years. A wonderful introduction to the genre and a worthy addition to any aficionado’s collection, 'Jazz' demonstrates the enduring, universal appeal of this homegrown American musical style. The liner notes of the CD were written by noted jazz scholar and WWOZ New Orleans radio host Joel Dinerstein, whose in-depth commentary is accompanied by rare archival photos.
- 'My Baby Just Cares for Me' by Nina Simone
- '’Tain’t No Use' by Maxine Sullivan
- 'I was Doing All Right' by Louis Armstrong & Oscar Peterson
- 'Someone to Watch over Me' by Zoot Sims and the Gershwin Brothers
- 'There Will Never Be Another You' by Chet Baker
- 'It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)' by Anita O’Day
- 'The Sermon' by Hampton Hawes
- 'They Say It’s Spring' by Blossom Dearie
- 'Don’t Get around Much Anymore' by Mose Allison
- 'Waltz for Debby' by Cannonball Adderley with Bill Evans
- 'Lover, Come Back To Me' by Billie Holiday
- 76 grams
- 0.2 lbs
- 12.7 cm H x 14 cm W x 0.6 cm D
- 5" H x 5.5" W x 0.3" D
- Compact disc in paper board case
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in USA.
- Ships fast from USA.