Jute Cotton Agave Owl Wall Hanging from Guatemala, "Wise Owls in Beige"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Although the expression on the faces of these quizzical owls seems more guileless than wise, the real wisdom comes from Marybel González's re-use of existing materials; she strives to upcycle the unsold handicrafts of her fellow Guatemalan artisans. She says, "I love my country and I want to be an agent of change; I know that, little by little, I will make my dreams of helping other people get ahead come true." For this handcrafted wall decor, she uses a strap of woven maguey, a type of agave, as a base and attaches three owls with upcycled cotton textile fronts and recycled jute backs. Cotton fill, plastic eyes and maguey cord for ears complete the birds which feature wheat, espresso, terracotta and avocado hues.
- 0.22 kgs
- 0.5 lbs
- 37 cm H x 8 cm W x 9 cm D
- 14.5" H x 3.1" W x 3.5" D
- Recycled jute, agave, cotton, plastic buttons, cotton fill
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Recycled materials may vary slightly in color and/or pattern
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America