Cotton Shoulder and Cosmetic Bag from Guatemala (Pair), "Floral Summer"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Handwoven from cotton on the traditional backstrap loom, this lovely shoulder and cosmetic bag duo will add a subtle beauty to your next day out. The Yama Aj Chixot Artisan Group of Guatemala present this pair, featuring a solid color in alabaster with lovely stripes. An embroidered floral design decorates the shoulder bag. Each bag opens with a zipper, revealing a lined interior.
- 0.12 kgs
- 0.3 lbs
- Shoulder bag: 17.78 cm H x 19.05 cm W x 7.62 cm D
- Shoulder bag: 7" H x 7.5" W x 3" D
- Straps: 48.26 cm L x 2.54 cm W
- Straps: 19" L x 1" W
- Drop length: 17.78 cm from strap to bag
- Drop length: 7" from strap to bag
- Cosmetic bag: 10.16 cm H x 17.78 cm W x 0.64 cm D
- Cosmetic bag: 4" H x 7" W x 0.3" D
- 100% cotton; polyester lining
- Features a zipper closure
- Use a warm iron
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Dry on low heat cycle
- Machine wash separately in cold water
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
The association prides itself on protecting and preserving the very long-standing tradition of weaving using a floor loom. The women have all learned this technique from their mothers or grandmothers, and plan to teach their daughters as well.
Unfortunately many women in this area have been affected by miscarriages and the loss of newborns. This can cause a woman to go into a deep depression. Together they overcome these tragic events and provide constant support for one another.
Thanks to the work of these women, their children have the opportunity to study and have a better future. As an association, part of their income is donated to school infrastructure.
The association has been able to grow and increase their sales, which is then passed along to the women and their families.
The Yama Aj Chixot artisan group enables women to make a fair wage that helps them support their children.