Blue and Black Cotton Backpack from Guatemala, "Night of Stars"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Inspired by a starry night, Guatemalan artisan Cristina Sajvin creates a stunning handbag in hues of black and blue. She works on the traditional backstrap loom to hand-weave this geometric bag from cotton, accented with russet faux suede. This backpack drapes over the shoulders on two adjustable straps or can be held via a handle. A zipper pocket decorates the back of this bag, which opens with a belt buckle and a drawstring to reveal a lined interior in black.
- 0.36 kgs
- 0.8 lbs
- Bag: 38 cm H x 28 cm W x 14 cm D
- Bag: 15" H x 11" W x 5.5" D
- Straps: 70 cm min L - x 86 cm max L x 2 cm W
- Straps: 27.5" min L - x 34" max L x 0.8" W
- Strap drop length: 35 cm min L - x 40 cm max L
- Strap drop length: 13.75" min L - x 15.75" max L
- Handle: 10 cm L x 2 cm W
- Handle: 3.9" L x 0.8" W
- Handle drop length: 5 cm from strap to bag
- Handle drop length: 2" from strap to bag
- 100% cotton, polyester blend synthetic suede; polyester lining
- Adjustable strap(s)
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Wipe with a damp cloth
- Features a belt buckle closure
- Free Gift Wrap? Yes
- Premium Gift Wrap? Yes
- Made in Guatemala.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist is currently supporting and providing for the education of their children, grandchildren, or children in their community, whether it be at the primary, secondary, or university level.
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
This artist striving to supporting their own or their family's basic needs and improve their livelihood.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
This artist shows a lot of talent or potential and is in their late teens or twenties.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
This artist supports children under the age of 18.